Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Confessions of a Blogger
coffee. From this side of the screen those things feel so few and far between, besides the coffee. A lot of my time, most of my time is spent typing away on my Macbook Air.
Sometimes I find myself feeling very alone, but ok with it. I get lost in my thoughts a lot, dreaming up new posts or working through a new project in my head. Thankfully I have my music to keep me company.
I wanted to begin to share some things you might not know about me as a blogger and hopefully they can help you in your blogging journey.
1. I don't like promoting myself. I do not like being a bother and I TRY not to post to much about ME on Twitter and as of late I've had trouble promoting myself all the while promoting clients. I just recently realized that the practices I am doing for them, I could be doing for myself. I LOVE what I’m writing and I feel it can help others, but I like the more organic way of people finding me. It feels more sincere.
2. I am now a morning person. This has only become the case since I began blogging. I never before would willingly wake up early. But now, I have ideas and find myself waking up voluntarily. There is so much promise for they day in the morning. First things first, coffee!
3. I love a good schedule. I wake up at 7 a.m. and give myself a few minutes in bed to wake up, and briefly check social media and emails before coffee. Then I have a set schedule on how much time I allow myself on each social media site before I begin work for the day. Distractions out of the way, I can get straight to business and get more accomplished.
4. I like to be two weeks ahead. Being ahead on my posts I don't get stressed out over my blog. I find it easier to write. I feel myself getting more ideas and I don't get burnt out because I have a buffer if I need to take a day off.
6. BUT I do love looking put together. I usually move to my favorite place Republic of Pie for the afternoon. It’s nice to get dressed and presentable even if it is just for myself. I love the feeling of a put together outfit. It makes me a more confident person and writer.
Do you have any blogger confessions? I would love to hear them in the comments below. Or even in a post! Remember to always enjoy what you are doing. Have fun and most importantly through these confessions I hope we can all learn from each other!
Follow me on: